View Single Post
Old 07-01-2021, 03:49 PM   #8
Second Series

Re: 1990 Chevy K1500

It's been awhile since I updated this… I swapped out the T-case switch twice. The first one I bought was faulty. I took an ohm meter to the parts store when I got the second one to make sure it functioned correctly. The parking brake wasn’t great, and so I decided to relace the driver side and the front cable. I found six different cable lengths for the various truck configurations, so I made sure I got the right parts for this truck. Now it is good and tight. I had purchased an R-134 compressor and lines from the pick it yard. When it was in the shop for the clutch I asked them to install and get the AC working. They gave me all the parts back and said it was originally R-12 and it would need some other parts. They suggested I hook everything up and they could take it from there. Wow, that was a year ago. I picked up an R-12 compressor from the pick it yard. Then I discovered how scarce R-12 is. I found some on C-list with a machine, so I picked up this shop fixture, way overkill, but now I can do whatever on A/C systems. It was $100 so the price was right. I have been reading up on R-12 vs. R-134 and could go either way. I’ll restore the R-12 system on this truck, and build the R-134 system on my other truck.
Attached Images

1955.2 Chevy 6700 Bus/RV
1990 Chevy K1500
Second Series is offline   Reply With Quote