View Single Post
Old 11-06-2021, 02:43 PM   #150
landarts
landarts

Re: 71 K20 Idaho Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselwrencher View Post
Nice repairs on the e brake mounting holes. That is always good to find no rust on your cowl/firewall. I'm currently digging out an old cab I didn't want to fix 10 plus years ago so I can fix it for a K20 I have. Cabs are hard to find in decent shape and at a good price. Nice parts list for the 350!
Thanks for tuning in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol Blue K20 View Post
It's gonna look great and have little get up and go too.
I hope it makes a difference when it is all said and done. Thanks!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was finally able to get things taped off and etching primer over the areas where I had wet sanded through to metal. Pulled off the wiper mechanism and was able to get everything cleaned up in there so that I can attempt to get a little color in those areas in the cowl. It is a really hard area to paint it right but it does need some paint so I will turn down the nozzle and see if I get it done without too many runs.

The firewall took some time to get it really clean after all the sanding, scrubbing with hot soap and water, degreasing, and then rinse and repeat. Can't wait to get this part done then move on to get the front portion of the frame cleaned up and painted so this can go back together and be mobile again.

Below are a few pictures after the first coat of etching primer is on. Also a picture of all the items that have shown up for the motor.
Attached Images

Fix and Sale 72 GMC 3/4 ton 4x4 K2500
The "Fixrupr" build thread

72 Cheyenne 1/2 ton " FIXRUPR " - daily driver
67 C20 all original paint
71 K20 Custom 4x4 (Idaho Edition)
72 K20 GMC Super Custom 4x4
72 K20 Custom Deluxe 4x4
69 K10 Custom package 4x4 (69 K10 from the field)
69 K10 Custom
72 K20 Custom Deluxe 4x4
72 K20 Crew Cab Project
71 GMC Jimmy CST
72 Blazer
70 Blazer
landarts is offline   Reply With Quote