View Single Post
Old 03-23-2022, 06:15 PM   #11
SCOTI

Re: Air bag spacer cups?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev2809 View Post
if i take out the spacer the angles dont look too bad lowered or lifted, the problem is im only getting about 5 inches of lift without the spacer. i had the spacer in and at ride height it looked to be about 70 psi (measured with a tire gauge), gaining my 2" of lift back...but i cant do that collapsed bag look. it obviously wont last long at all like that. the angles show worse with the spacer installed. this is frustraiting as im almost finished with this suspenion stuff...and thinking a redo might be the only fix

i sat the cheapo angle finder on the brackets. the top mount in the center where the bag mounts measures about 2 degrees give or take. the bottom ones are about 8 degrees. thats a big difference. the top mounts even look like they rake back. the front of it is about even (0 degrees), but when i measure the back of the plate...towards the rear..its about 3.5 degrees.
The spacer can be 'made' to correct the angle (like a leaf spring pinion angle wedge) but it will take modding an online purchased part or making something from scratch.

How attached are you to the existing set-up? Is it something you look @ and would do the same thing again or would you do things differently knowing now what you didn't then?
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote