View Single Post
Old 01-08-2022, 08:19 AM   #2606
special-K
Special Order

Re: Random Photos ‘You took’

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieseldawg142 View Post
i'd take the snow too....but we already have about 14-16" of snow under the ice...
almost an inch in spots- kills me seeing my toy like this...humbug
Can you walk on top of the snow? I see your doors are welded shut!

Jan '95 I will never forget. Overnight we got just a couple inches of snow, then sleet, then freezing rain by morning. The weird thing was, it was warm enough in the upper atmosphere for rain but down here it was bitter cold. So it froze hard instantly. And it was a hard steady rain, so it built up fast. No one got to clear anything off before we had a solid inch of hard ice on absolutely everything. Then, the whole month of January the temperature never got above freezing. Permafrost for a month! Two guys had a scaffold board on two ladder jacks on the side of a garage. They were maybe 6' off the ground, the ladders slipped out, and the fall killed both of them. There was no work at all on my project for about a month. The world was on hold. You had to literally chop out foot prints to walk anywhere. When it thawed, there were digging bar cuts into concrete everywhere. Tons of collateral damage.

Speaking of collateral damage. I had my '72 K/20 Cheyenne Super Custom Camper sitting out and it received a lot of damage. It had a re-paint on it and masked edges lifted. Some of the side trim and one fender emblem got wedged loose. And the day it finally warmed up, the glaciers sliding off ripped the wipers and antenna off

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote