Old 01-08-2022, 08:15 PM   #2608
dieseldawg142

Re: Random Photos ‘You took’

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72c20customcamper View Post
That's a thick coating of ice
Quote:
Originally Posted by yuccales View Post
That ice is crazy! I'm not going to complain about a little snow any more!
ya it is a little thick, we've had worser, but it still bites when we get it...lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul View Post
X2. My wife is terrified of ice since she wiped out on it.
X2
my wife slid on the ice couple yrs ago and did a header, split her chin open.
of course i tried not to laugh.....ended up making the situation no better..

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
Can you walk on top of the snow? I see your doors are welded shut!

Jan '95 I will never forget. Overnight we got just a couple inches of snow, then sleet, then freezing rain by morning. The weird thing was, it was warm enough in the upper atmosphere for rain but down here it was bitter cold. So it froze hard instantly. And it was a hard steady rain, so it built up fast. No one got to clear anything off before we had a solid inch of hard ice on absolutely everything. Then, the whole month of January the temperature never got above freezing. Permafrost for a month! Two guys had a scaffold board on two ladder jacks on the side of a garage. They were maybe 6' off the ground, the ladders slipped out, and the fall killed both of them. There was no work at all on my project for about a month. The world was on hold. You had to literally chop out foot prints to walk anywhere. When it thawed, there were digging bar cuts into concrete everywhere. Tons of collateral damage.

Speaking of collateral damage. I had my '72 K/20 Cheyenne Super Custom Camper sitting out and it received a lot of damage. It had a re-paint on it and masked edges lifted. Some of the side trim and one fender emblem got wedged loose. And the day it finally warmed up, the glaciers sliding off ripped the wipers and antenna off
could walk across my yard yesterday without breaking thru, and ya, them doors were WELDED shut. we got lucky today, the temp climbed up to a balmy -2C (approx 28F) and me and the boy spent most of the day peeling ice off the vehicles, but we have got some collateral damage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4u2nv View Post
Is there anything else that mother nature can do to you people in the west, seems like she never stops out there.
yup, don't know why mother nature is so po'ed at us
first she fried us last summer with record breaking (for us) temps, 45C, 114F,
then a hundred days later she swamps us, now some nice winter weather. we definitely got our 4 seasons worth this year..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneck Rydes View Post
Well,at least he isn't stuck anymore!
thats what i love about this place, someone can always find the good in a bad situation....

we have a hedge around our house and it took a beating. it's fallen into our house, garage, patio, getting close to my truck...
normally there is about 5' of space between my truck and camper and the hedge. it's leaning solidly on my camper and not liking how close it's getting to my truck
Name:  IMG_8987.jpg
Views: 510
Size:  68.4 KBName:  IMG_8989.jpg
Views: 513
Size:  55.8 KB

it's also up on the side of my garage and my trailer carport. opened up a few holes where i can now see the neighbors house. bunch of branches just got too heavy and started snapping.
Name:  IMG_8993.jpg
Views: 505
Size:  58.9 KBName:  IMG_8994.jpg
Views: 497
Size:  60.5 KB

it still looks kinda cool though. anyone from the '60's or '70's remember their mom having them glass balls in a bunch that you took and used for clackers till she caught ya and wringed your neck?
Name:  IMG_8995.jpg
Views: 508
Size:  70.8 KB
dieseldawg142 is offline   Reply With Quote