View Single Post
Old 11-21-2019, 10:01 PM   #112
special-K
Special Order

Re: Lets see your garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67ChevyRedneck View Post
That's awesome Tim!

My earthwork, foundation, floor, block, and driveway is where most of the $ went. 30 truckloads of dirt were removed, we cut 5' out of the adjacent hill. Floor is 5" thick and we added footers for the lift. Ended up around 17K.

Black sheep, that's what I'm going for! I'm planning on an Orange/White/Blue paint scheme.

Mine will probably only ever be that clean the day it's done.
Well, you have a shop you stick built with continuous footers and foundation. That is a righteous building. Concrete will getcha. I had already graded for a 24 x 24 years ago. I had posts and beams up. I ran into trouble with my neighbors over other things and decided to abort that project. That was 12 years ago and after no building now I'm doing a shoe box. I got tired of the truck sitting out, knew I'd be moving in not too terribly long (I hope), and had all that laying around toward the materials. I have more money in the two 13' lengths of gutter, two downspouts, and Leaf Relief gutter covering than anything else. I used that old German siding and now it looks old like my house.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote