Thread: project 39
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2023, 11:46 AM   #129
CSHADES

Re: project 39

we got a sizable snow fall on sat nite so i had to get up early(4:30) sun morning to take care of that downtown. So i got home about 8am and did my usual sunday morning chores. i was feeling a bit lazy after all of that so it was about 3pm before i finally made my way out to the shop. I messed with the door a bit more then decided it was time to start on the rocker. i decided that my plan was to get everything cut, mocked up and tacked together before i finish welding it all together in case i have to change anything. so i used 2 rockers to make 1. I went to bolt on the front rocker to check its fit and couldnt find the mount holes after looking at the back side of the door jamb i could see where i had cut off the screws to get the rocker off originally, so there was a bunch of screwing around to get the remaining screw pieces out. after all that nonsense i figured out the floor i bent up was to far out in the rocker area. i had to cut the bent edge and make a new one up, which actually worked out for better because i didnt have enough material hanging down to mount the rocker on any ways. i ended up making 3 pices by the time i got done before i was happy with the results. I ended up with a nice reveal to set the edge in when i am done.
Attached Images

Last edited by CSHADES; 01-30-2023 at 02:57 PM. Reason: spelling
CSHADES is offline   Reply With Quote