Thread: project 39
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2023, 11:01 AM   #136
CSHADES

Re: project 39

decided to get the rocker and rocker mounting flange done and installed this weekend.i finished the rocker flange, i bent the lower edge to give it some strength instead of just flat like the factory left it. i also installed riv nuts to hold the rocker on instead of the nuts on the back side. i made filler pieces for the ends of the flange to the cab so it looks a bit more finished than the factory did. i also worked on the passenger door some more. i had been fighting the curve flange on the bottom of the door. i couldnt figure out why the drivers door went so well and this one isnt. well i was over thinking how much curve i needed so i must have had a brain fart. so cut off what i had started tacking in and make a new piece and tack in. when i chopped the top and stretched the cab i changed the rear panel. the outside of the panel is nice straight and rust free but something caused the inner brace to get rotten on the drivers side brace. so sat morning i spent digging out the cut off remains of a 46 cab so i can harvest the brace and the little pocket where the bumpers for the dovetail sit. it looks like somebody tried prying bumpers out and it is all bent.
Attached Images

CSHADES is offline   Reply With Quote