Thread: positive camber
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2023, 09:41 AM   #1
chevroletrestoguy

positive camber

Guys-
It's been forever since I posted. Thank goodness I found my password written down somewhere or this profile was probably toast!

Originally in around 09 when I put this truck together, I used POL tubular upper and lower control arms. Trying to remember I think I used 2.5" drop spindles and maybe one" drop springs with disk brakes. I remember it dropped the front lower than I wanted and I think I replaced the drop springs with no drop. So I raised it 1". The rear has 3" drop. I like the stance now.

SO..... With the POL tubular arms, I had excess positive camber and you know with these trucks, that gives you no room to work with as far as shims goes. I've put maybe 1200 miles on the truck since 2017 when I got it on the road and the outside of the front tires were wearing considerably.

So I just completed a changeover to CPP tubular control arms. I think this may have helped some, but I'm still kind of surprised at how little. What else could be causing this? Could the spindle or Springs be causing it? I haven't had it realigned yet, but I would curious why this is happening...
Attached Images

chevroletrestoguy is offline   Reply With Quote