Thread: project 39
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2023, 10:33 AM   #146
CSHADES

Re: project 39

on sunday i decided i should look at seat placement and figure out where my parking brake handle was going to mount. i am trying to get everything mocked and tacked together before i take the cab off the frame and put it on the rotisserie. i bought the seat frame and foam from glide when i was at back to the 50s show in 2019. i had never opened the box until now. it is a very nice frame. i mocked the frame up with some wood blocks under to estimate the height. with the top chop it looks like i need to mount the frame a lot lower than i had planned on. so now my plan to mount the park brake is not going to work. so what i came up with last night is to use one of those universal electric park brake actuator so i wont need to have anything on the floor of the cab. i put one of these in a friends car a while back, they do work nice. the only problem is using it in an emergency to stop the car. it is either on or off no slow pull on handle to slow it down. i am still thinking about this one.
Attached Images

CSHADES is offline   Reply With Quote