Thread: project 39
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2023, 06:48 PM   #148
CSHADES

Re: project 39

i decided to do something different this weekend on the truck instead of the usual welding/metal work. i have been thinking about how i was going to get all of the terminal strips, relays, ground bars, power supplies and control boxes in the small space that i had set up in the side panels. i started shopping for a power strip that would fit in the panel and i have ground bars that i use for any of the wiring jobs that i do. i came across a fuse panel that was the height i needed to clear the side panel and the bonus was the panel has a ground strip on the top. i also had to wire the relays that will control the actuators for the bed cover. i had it set up for using a power window switch to control the actuators but i was concerned about the power draw through them so i found a diagram on wiring 2 relays and using the switch to control the relays. so saturday afternoon i got everything mounted, wired and i tested the actuator setup which seems to work well. the only other thing i had to think about hard was how we had set up the control box for the 3rd brake light. i looked back through this thread and found a picture of when we were bench testing the setup.
Attached Images

CSHADES is offline   Reply With Quote