View Single Post
Old 04-07-2015, 06:16 PM   #158
Steve-W

Re: 1969 Custom/10 clean up

Sorry guys, I really suck in keeping this thread up to date...fulltime job with overtime, son, gym, squash, Slow cooking BBQ, friends, family..it all takes up time
Oh and I have to work on my truck sometimes!

But let me get you back up to speed.
I got the sound deadning in and it was an easy enough job, just use a paint stripper gun and a special roller. The vibraflex, once heated, was stretchable over humps and could be compressed into dents.
the doors we filled on the inside with the StP Gold and that the glue on that is amazing. the doors were not that clean or smooth on the inside, but it sticks like hell, so I'm happy with the results. Next we desided to manufacture some doorpanels out of multiplex. they fit nicely, except for the hump where the arm rest gets bolted on. So the panel sits a bit curved if I were to bolt it down to the door. I could do with a good suggestion here

Also the friend of mine in Riverside filled a suitcase with goodies which his visiting brother took back to Netherlands (Hope the dutch IRS isn't following this forum) so I got my rear brakes all ready! replaced the E-brake kabels and brake cylinders which were the last old parts. Bled the brakes using vacuum, which by the way is soooo much faster and saver then pumping the pedal. and now the truck should be rolling and braking
Coming Friday evening we'll be going for a test run.

Also got my new front bumper in, which we test fitted to get it aligned. now only left is painting it.
got some other stuff in, like new motormounts, indicators and parklights..but those don't have priority right now. first get her ready for M.O.T.

here the doorpanels, which need some work.

here what we want to use to bolt them down

tools for the job

the floor sound deadning ande backpanel (which is the same stuff as in the doors)

new e-brake cable and brake cylinders (yes both sides got new )

and my new front bumper
1950 GMC 100
1958 Chevy C60 Viking ratrod

Last edited by Steve-W; 04-07-2015 at 06:40 PM.
Steve-W is offline   Reply With Quote