Thread: Gas Prices?
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2021, 08:35 PM   #199
LONGHAIR
just can't cover up my redneck

Re: Gas Prices?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 57taskforce View Post
Yep I get it, I first saw the concept car in person in the fall of 2007 at the Chevy rock and roll 400 Cup race at Richmond International Raceway. Love at first sight. I was just 21 when they started showing up on the streets in 2009, but I was determined I would have one some day. The 5th Gen Camaro is almost equally as magical as the 67-72 trucks most all of us love here. Gm really hasn’t done a whole lot right in the last 15-20 years in my opinion, but the 10-15 Camaro is certainly one huge thing they nailed.
I really liked my '07 HHR Panel too. It was a funky little thing. I liked the look of the regular wagons, when they came out in '05, but not really in the market for a new vehicle, still rolling the '98 S-10. I went to look at new HHRs in '06, but my local dealer dropped the ball, so I let it slide. Later, I was glad that it happened like that, because I had seen pics of the panel version by then. No one around locally had one in stock to actually look at though?
I had to drive about 35 miles south, to a small town dealer who had one. It was just base model and fleet white, but it gave me some sense of the interior, which was my main concern. I ended up ordering a higher trim level version from them. That thing was perfect for me and my work. It's a 2 seater with a long flat floor, functionally kind of like a small pick up truck with a cap. The 2 seat thing did eventually become a problem as my kid got older. It's not like the Camaro has luxurious rear seats, but they are legal, and I have always had a 4 x 4 truck since buying it.
I really like the halo ring headlights of the '14, that was a very short-lived feature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn Man View Post
As for reading directions...
The directions are nothing but another man's opinion.
Learn from the mistakes of others, you won't live long enough to make them all yourself...

Bad planning on your part does not necessarily constitute an instant emergency on my part....

The great thing about being a pessimist is that you are either pleasantly surprised or right.