Thread: Welders!
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2005, 10:50 AM   #5
chickenwing
Lovin' Life in Miss.!

Can't say I'm "true blue". I do have a Millermatic 175 though... Bought it soley because the specs I found were better n everyone else.

1. The wire feedhead is cast aluminum, (thought that would hold up better than all the plastic ones I saw).

2. Has the auto shut down for over heat. I don't think I will ever exceed the duty cycle, but leave it to me to screw up if it's possible.

3. Had the fastest wirefeed speed in this class of welders. 700"/min. Don't know where this will come into play yet.

Then after I got it, I discovered what their "tip saver" was. Gun shuts down when you short it out on the work... No more "hairy spiders". (Never said I was a good welder.) I have only ruined 1 tip so far because of this. Whenever I played with my dads Harbor freight wirefeed I would just automaticly bring another bag of tips.

Price was a bit high. $699 freight included, on cyberweld.com. Then bought locally an 80c.f. ar/co2 tank for another $115. Definately more welder than I need. Did not want to run into anything I could not handle so I got it. Glad I did.