View Single Post
Old 03-07-2013, 07:47 PM   #36
b.eddy's72

Re: Lets see your Short bed 3/4 tons!

Before anybody gets mad for what Im gonna say Im not calling anybody out or saying that you dont know what you are talking about.................Putting 8 lug wheels on a 1/2ton truck dont make it a 3/4 ton. The GVRW has more to it than the size axles that are under it. Ive seem plenty of 4x4's with Rockwells and they arent 2 1/2 ton trucks. The frame, suspension, and axles all contribute to the GVRW of the truck. I have a Ford 4x4 thats at the deer lease and has 5 lug axles but the title shows it to be a 3/4 ton. As stated by someone above, most dont have a short 3/4 ton due to the harshness of the heavier suspension. The shorter wheel base would also be less stable when hauling heavy loads which was the reason behind having a heavier truck. Now days you have soccer moms that feel the need to have a jacked up 4x4 diesel so 3/4 ton and 1 ton trucks are more of a status symbol now.

Now with all that being said, the shorty 3/4's above look very cool and I would drive either and bow my chest out. Cant even say that I would not built one it I had a shortbed.

Again if this offended anyone it wanst meant to and you should probaly not wear your feelings on your sleeve.

Ya must have been movin cause I was haulin a*$ when I passed you
b.eddy's72 is offline   Reply With Quote