Thread: pass time
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2008, 06:50 AM   #51
PA-IndianRider

Re: pass time

[quote=67dragtruck;2836595]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PA-IndianRider View Post
That's funny. Ask DJ if I speak from experience or if I'm just young and stupid. I quit racing because I didn't have an unlimited supply of cash, but while I did race I think what I did speaks for itself.
Tom
Ahhhhhh .... "ANOTHER of the signs of being a senior".....

Opppppps..... A BIG MIS-QUOTE on my part..... Sorry Tom .....meant my "words of advice" for a "junior member" ..... but then again in "truth" I guess my words could apply anyone & everyone who forgets about the PROTENTIAL dangers of drag racing.... and to a lesser degree the outcome of the drag car along with all the hard work, money and especially the TIME it took to build it.

Now that I know what/who/why prompted me to quote and who said what ..... ha!!! .... I have to REPEAT what I have said to DJ in the past.... his C10 (formerly owned by HotRod80) is one of the nicest "setup for drag racing" C10's I have ever seen.... PLUS being a "step-side-guy" that "lil blue truck" has been in my dreams on many a night...."steps & all:....ha!!!

But I think any of us ...either our youngest "teen member" to the most "seasoned veteran" has "either been then ...done that" and in so doing learned from "mistakes" which in the "end" has made them a much better & experienced racer.... if they make it thru the event.

What MIGHT seem to some as being "over cautious" on my part is NOT.... it's just that I am "overly sensitive" due to having lost freinds in drag racing related accidents.

All of us have seen the videos posted on this website of the fires of cars burning up on the starting line due to NOT being setup properly to handle "ALL that NOS".

Even with the experienced racer like Scott Kalitta ..... accidents happen..... so why PUSH the envelope for NO GOOD reason.... the signs of MY youth.... and of some of my friends who are no longer with us.
"Gasser/Altered Drag Race Hot Rod"
Where were You in '62 ?
PA-IndianRider is offline   Reply With Quote