View Single Post
Old 08-13-2021, 05:13 PM   #5119
Grizz1963

Re: Grizz's Redneck Express 1966 Chevy Short Fleetside RESTO-GO!

On a slightly different tack, I had a big grin and chuckle today.

Reading this written by a reader on another forum.

Seems I am influencing scavenger culture.

Free money is great.

Howdy. Catching up here a little bit. I learned something about hanging the flag vertically. Makes sense that the blue stays in the upper left hand corner but I had always thought of that as sort of the back side of the flag since it's opposite side from what usually shows when the flag is oriented horizontally. And I learned it from a South African who lives in England, haha. That little barbecue you made out of the keg was fantastic. What a great idea to utilize the legs from those stools. I don't think it would have occurred to me to upside-down one of them like you did. Came out really nice. Had to chuckle when you talked about picking up stuff out on your walks. In the last week I've come home with a set of driving lights, one with a cracked lens which is replaceable. A hose reel on wheels that I think will store a couple of 50 footers. And a computer desk that's in perfect condition. I could carry the driving lights pretty easily. I had to go back after my walk to get the hose reel and put it in the trunk of my car. But I decided to see if I could carry the computer desk the five blocks home. Had to set it down a couple of times but made it, haha. Added a bit to my workout. I like it when my walks become part exercise / part treasure hunt.

So most of today ended up being spent on more domestic chores, house cleaning, garden work, and cleaning up and out the BBQ in preparation for the weekend.

So when headed to town to get a few things, Sally clocked this car, she had seen it before, thinking it was another fiber glass replica

Turns out it is metal bodied, looks like it has high and low range options.

No creature comforts.

Could it be a Mahindra, from India?

I really liked the zip up padding on the cage, makes it look chunky, a look I am going for.

Fold down screen.

Eventually home by 4.30

Coffee, then shop time from 5.00pm

Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote