View Single Post
Old 12-31-2021, 10:56 AM   #178
omodified

Re: "Midnight Rider" 1970 C10 SWB Fleetside

I received the parts back from the nickel plater, so I took the time to organize it all today.

Included in the parts was the hardware I needed to install the rear springs. I actually had the 4 inch bolts that came with the spring retainers. However, those weren't long enough to work with the 3/4 ton truck arms because of the reinforcement plates. So, I had to use 5 inch bolts instead. For the rear springs, I decided to use my old CPP 5 inch drop springs (RCS603-5). They didn't have many miles on them and were still in great shape. The spring retainers that I previously used were black oxide coated and were a bit faded. I bought a brand new set (RCR-K) that were nicely powder coated from board member Lee72.

Installing the rear springs, I followed the service manual suggestions. I installed the lower retainers first, paying close attention to the clocking of the retainer and the spring pigtail. I torqued the bottom retainers to 45 lb/ft. I clocked the upper spring retainers the same as the lowers and torqued them to 50 lb/ft. It's nice to see the rear end supporting itself and to have some floor space back!

Board Member #87725
My build thread... http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=813848
omodified is offline   Reply With Quote