View Single Post
Old 02-22-2015, 02:09 AM   #52
joedoh

Re: slow ride (redux)

thanks!

made it a little more bearable to drive today, the window felts and rubbers were just GONE, so the window banged around in the big gap and the wind just did what it wanted. got the 65 dollar kit from bowtie bits and found it fit perfectly, the longest part was the felts. You just take the wing window out like you are replacing the main glass, then the wing channel gets a nice fitting gasket and the door channel gets another.

the new clips on the felts need to be crimped shut slightly to fit and snap in, I broke two clips on two felts before realizing this. You cant take the old clips off the old felts because they are clipped to the metal backing of the felts and there is no way to punch those holes correctly, it must have been done in a machine similar to a stapler. I crimped the clips a little and was able to snap them in.

on a scale of 1-10 I give these a 9, it only took about 15 minutes complete per side. the windows are so smooth now and dont rattle at all. My regulators seem to have trouble giving that last 1/4" up but it still seals well.

then I mounted the tank gauge

and the errant corner gagues

I started taking the seat out for the carpet but ran out of daylight. more to come.

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote