View Single Post
Old 07-08-2021, 02:44 PM   #3
Ziegelsteinfaust

Re: about to sink 25-30k into my 1989 Suburban..is it worth it? pics included

This is well beyond what I would pay, but a couple of tips I learned from people who have dropped big money before.

Take pictures of what you want done. So the guy has a portfolio to reference, and have to use less of I think he wants this. I am talking 8x10 glossy here. Then talk about what you want with pics.

Get a guaranteed timeline for completion. Alot of guys take in way to much work, and then f everyone over at some point. Only make payments after as deadlines or completion levels are meet.

I do this in my side enterprises all the time. I get 40-50% up front, and the rest upon completion. As my stuff is 1-2 days of work. When I used to dabble in whole remodels. It would be alot different, but I usually did 2 rooms at a time. Except for the kitchen which typically I would concentrate on to keep customers happy.

Stop by weekly or bi-weekly to monitor. That way you don't end up in the back. This way you can pull your vehicle if S is hitting the fan before it is out of control.

I have seen more then a few people I was familiar with loose or nearly loose vehicles due to shops going bankrupt or selling of parts claiming theft.

For the rear have you thought about IRS? Maybe this could allow you to drop a bit further without as much cutting.
Ziegelsteinfaust is offline   Reply With Quote