View Single Post
Old 07-10-2021, 06:50 PM   #8
LT7A

Re: about to sink 25-30k into my 1989 Suburban..is it worth it? pics included

Some good advice on here already. $65 is a very good shop rate for where I live, but I would find out if there's also a consumables rate on top of the labor, could be $5 or even more per hour. I feel like you asked two questions. First, how much various things cost. And second, if it is worth it. There are some very good recommendations of how to set up your budget already spelled out in response. As far as whether or not it's worth it, you have to decide that. What can make it worth it is owning and driving what you envision. My gut feeling is that you would not be able to sell it for anything near what you will pay to have the work done. I don't mean that as a discouragement, just as an answer to the question of worth. Another thing that seems common in builds of this complexity, is that they take years. That is already a cool truck. In fact, it's a very cool truck. I would recommend that you get a drawing or two done of what you envision for the finished product. Not a cartoon exaggeration, but a technically correct rendering of how it would sit and how the wheels and tires would fit. That will help you decide if it's worth it to spend the money to get from where you are to what you envision. And if you want to invest the amount of time.

Would be really cool to see some more pictures of your Suburban and the work that you've had done to it so far.
LT7A is offline   Reply With Quote