View Single Post
Old 05-20-2022, 11:59 AM   #48
Grumpy old man

Re: Restoration insanity

I'll be about 10 years into my 67 short bed project , My opinion to others is buy the best truck you can afford to start with , I didn't take my own advice I went out and found more than a bunch of $500.00 1967 short bed specials Some ran most didn't I found them them in Craigslist and local leads , off the board , I saved the best parts and pieces and slowly sold off the rest to buy new parts , I've delt with major project creep . Lost interest for months at a time but that's easy to do when you work alone it takes a lot longer to move ,lift and fit parts and I don't send anything out , I've spent untold hours searching for the best deals on quality parts and pieces , To build what "I" wanted in the end a 67-71 period built 350 4 bolt with a Muncie M-22 and 3.73 posi with a 3.5/5" static drop , I don't have a build thread because I already have enough voices talking in my head My project and hobby totally paid for it's self . That's a good thing , I'll finish the paint work in a few months and build a black leather interior this winter and by this time next year it will be done and be able to say I built it myself , all of it every nut bolt and screw.
Attached Images

1967 Factory short bed - Old school
'71 - 350 / 4bolt / 487 heads / Edelbrock C3BX
Muncie M-22 4 speed / Hurst Comp plus
Factory 12 bolt posi 3.73 / 255-70-15
Smoothed firewall / Factory cowl induction
Power disc brakes / power steering / 3.5-5" drop

Last edited by Grumpy old man; 05-20-2022 at 12:15 PM.
Grumpy old man is offline   Reply With Quote