View Single Post
Old 05-12-2003, 09:24 PM   #7
XXL
Seņor Member

Quote:
Originally posted by 78SilveradoSWB
I did see that in his ebay auction text, he did state $12.00 for shipping & handling plus additional $12.00 for additional units. It appears that he was up front about it. As the saying goes, "Let the buyer beware." $12 sounds more like a UPS charge at a Postal Net than USPS. Auctions like that I tend to hesitate getting involved with, especially shipping charge gouging. At least you can still give him a negative or neutral feedback in regards to customer relations.

He has an auction for a pair of fans and he is only asking $15 to ship both. He also states additional $15 for more than 2 fans.

Anyways, are these Hayden fans any better than Spals?
I agree, and I did understand the terms when I bought. That wasn't the problem... I figured shipping was just expensive. It's been 15 years since I had an electric fan in my hands and couldn't even guess how much they weighed. But when I received them, found out how light they were (and thus relatively cheap to ship), I thought I'd ask him to refund the difference. I didn't threaten him or call him a cheat or anything of the sort... I just thought I'd see what he said about a refund... and frankly, had he said NO with a "it's our policy to blah blah, and so I'm sorry I can't refund blah blah..." I would have been satisfied, and gone and kicked myself in the rear privately. But...

As for Hayden v. Spal... I dunno. I've used Spal fans before and they were top-notch. I've never used Hayden but am familiar with the brand and have heard good things about them. We'll see.

Kenneth
XXL is offline   Reply With Quote