View Single Post
Old 06-05-2010, 12:20 PM   #77
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Re: Disc Brake Upgrade Reference Thread

Thonly way you could use those '91 8 lug parts is if it is the Square body style. The Suburbans, and Crewcabs, ans possibly a couple other models were still the Square body thru '91. If it is the '88 and up body style, the only thing you might be able to use would be the rear differential. I'm not sure on the width of the 8 lug rear differentials of those years. I know that the 5 lug differentials are too wide to use in the older trucks. One other thing that you could use from it if it is a newer style truck, is the brake booster, master and prop valve, with one of my booster brackets. That will bolt right up to your '64 GMC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlbenz View Post
wow, this is a lot of info. I am confused(which usually doesn't take a whole lot) I am wanting to put 8lug on my front end of my 1/2 ton 64gmc. I have a 91 8lug truck sitting here that I can use for parts. can I use anything off it?

I have not done it, but I'm thinking that the C10 shafts and bushings would fit the C20 LCA's. But yeah if it were me I would upgrade to the '73-'87 control arms with the rubber bushings. I would also recommend upgrading to the larger LCA shaft U-bolts used in the '73-'87's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefRocka View Post
So....could I just use my existing C10 crossshafts on the C20 arms ?

Or, does it have to be '67-'86 in order to bolt to my 63' c10 X-Member ?

I think I would prefer to use newer style rubber bushing style arms anyway...keeping it 6-lug
Hydroboost Mounting Plates HERE