View Single Post
Old 06-07-2013, 10:01 AM   #1
JWSmith

Project "Lucky 13"

Lucky 13 - I have been building mini-trucks for almost 16 years. My last one was a 1986 GMC S-15 that I was doing an pretty much frame off, yet budget, build. Static drop 5/6, 16" ZQ8 wheels, mild buit 350. My daughter dubbed it Lucky 13 because I own a couple Lucky 13 garage shirts and they are my favorites. Cool thing was, it just so happened to be my 13th truck.
Sold that truck last month, and bought the 1970 C-10 3 days later.
Looking back, we re-counted, and one of the trucks was my dad's that he let me use for a couple semesters in college. The title was never in my name, soooo....this one actually makes Lucky 13.

The pic on the trailer was the day I brought it home.
It is a 1970 C-10/CST, power brakes and A/C. It's a little rough, but it is all there and it runs. Brakes are bad - seems like all but the front driver is seized. That just moves the disc brake/5 lug conversion up in the schedule some. While I'm at it, I might as well lower it. The initial plan was just to get it running and driving, but now it is get it running and driving with a drop and new wheels/tires, and get the damn thing to stop LOL.

I'll get more pics soon. I keep forgetting as we work on it. I went to the boneyard last week and got front fenders, a hood, and a wiper cowl with no antenna hole (score!) for $140. Bed sides are probably 85%-90%. Bed floor is shot. Previous owner was going to race it and cut the wheel tubs out to put in bigger ones and never did it. Plus there are rust holes all over in various spots. So I just bought a 87 bed and we are going to use it for the floor. My buddy is taking the bed sides for his, so it only ended up costing me $50. I got rockers and cab corners for $85 from sokyclassis.com So at this time, I believe I have all the sheet metal. I'm in need of a driver door, but I believe I have that taken care of - a friend of a friend has one that he is giving me to get it out of his garage.
JWSmith is offline   Reply With Quote