View Single Post
Old 05-15-2009, 09:55 AM   #8
Marv D
Registered Truck Offender

Re: 1.6 rockers and powerband

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighwayHum72 View Post
check out Lunati's voodoo hydraulic flat tappets. i took the biggest one they had (pt # 60105) and stuffed it into my 350 w/ world sportsmans 64cc 200cc 9.5 cr, 3000 verter, 3.73's and i'm running 1.6 full rollers so the lift is up a bit. long story short...my truck is very very different now. in a good way. it idles at 950 in gear and the fun really starts at 2500 and i don't know where it ends yet. this is on chevron ca 91 octane pump gas with and edel 650 and dual plane and i use valvoline racing oil 50 with zinc- 3.99/qt at auto zone. I'd say Lunati's voodoo hyd ft cam are worth checking out for what you want. Have fun.
Proof again that Harold knows how to deliver what we want. For those that may not know,, Harold Brookshire (the man behind Ultradine Cams) was hired by Lunati after Holley bought the Lunati line. Harold was 'instrumental' in the design of the Voodoo line then Lunati(cs) let Harold go. The Voodoo line is (IMO) a last hurrah for Lunati (now being owned by the same corporate umbrella a Comp Cams.) The Voodoo line is heads above the Comp 'XE' line without all the clattering valve noise. It will be a shame to see Joe's business and name fade in the the history books like Crane, SpeedPro and so many others we grew up with. I guess that's a sign of our age eh!

When you're dead, it's only a problem for the people around you, because you don't know you're dead.
.....It's kinda the same when your STUPID.

I just did my taxes and reviewed my SS statement. Thanks to the current administration it looks like I will only have to work till noon on the day of my funeral.
Marv D is offline   Reply With Quote