View Single Post
Old 01-12-2022, 05:33 AM   #659
Grizz1963

Re: GRIZZ’s English 2001 S10 Extra Cab 4.3 V6 Truck

Being back at work means my days run effectively from 07.00 to 17.30 again.

So it leaves weekends to fit Sally who works at least every second Sunday and other important housekeeping jobs into.

So the only way to get on is to start playing after work and dinner on days/eveningsmwhen Sally does not stop here for dinner and a snooze on the couch.

Night Shift working will keep things moving forward slowly.

Last night I went to the garage just after 5.00pm and closed by 8.30pm

It included a 30 minute chat and show around to my new lodger who may be here for a month or three, not sure yet.

The job I wanted to get done was to drill the mounting holes on the floor and get the height and position of the passenger seat right.

I also adjusted the drivers seat with an added 5mm shim.

Due to the lay out of the seat mounts, the legs all differ.

Eventually giving me this result, all the fitting, and adjusting took a while.

Drivers seat is fully adjustable, which is why I was looking for a spare passenger seat all the time.

Passenger seat is fitted in a fixed position.

And enough space to fit a new roll bar, it will lean back as planned, and new mounting points will be welded to the chassis as @nickwheeler had suggested for the move.

I also started to mock up the new roll bar that will be canted back, and then bend in at shoulder height.

A horizontal bar for safety harness mounting at shoulder height gets added, and a pair of diagonal rearward supports anchored to the chassis in the rear corners.

So there you go.

Nightshift is a real thing now.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote