View Single Post
Old 11-24-2021, 11:39 AM   #15
Denee007

Re: '72 Ford Bronco resto

Thank you Yukon Jack! As bad as the project is, it feels good to be able to bring it back to life for another go in its life, or my life

Backing up a bit~ Whomsoever owned it, must have gone mudding in really deep mud and probably didn't give a darn about the poor Bronco

I think it's human nature of folks like us here on this forum and all forums to have an instinct to save these old machines, regardless of what shape they're in.

My first goal upon getting it was to clean it! omg, it was seriously packed with mud! During pressure washing, I too became covered in mud and grime~ I was obsessed with making it clean!!! grrrrr

Pictures speak for themselves, the Bronco had no brakes despite a new master cylinder. But there were no brake lines on the rear axle AT ALL! Not that I need brakes at this time as it will receive all new brakes, lines, etc.

Nothing like undercoating to hide bad things

The fella that I bought all those parts from, his Dana 30 had the disc brake upgrade, but I kept my Dana44 ,but the Disc brakes fit my Dana44, so saved a little money there.

I bought this Yukon axle set, it was on Amazon for 159.oo, but must have been a mistake as it retails for right at 400, so, a little money saved on someone's mistake. Of course I had to have the new bearings pressed on.

So, you're learning a little more history of this poor thing
dne'
67 Ford Mustang (re-restored after Harvey)
1968 Jeep Cj5 (2-8-2020 to present)
1992 Jeep Yj (8-17-20 to present) (Jurassic build)

www.Classiccarsandtools.com
Denee007 is offline   Reply With Quote