View Single Post
Old 07-04-2018, 05:19 PM   #14
Thatguywithaneye

Re: Acceleration and Stalling Problem 72 GMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Bee View Post
need a little more engine, ignition, carb, etc. info to make any suggestions here..

and do yourself a favor, pick one thing at a time to adjust / replace or you'll end up in circles..

and agree with above, trans shop should have some idea what they may have done to affect those symptoms..

they must have had some comments regarding drivability during their test drive..

based on these circumstances, I was thinking;
  • cracked distributor cap or cocked out of position
  • any plug wires pulled may have been crossed, check 18436572
  • distributor hold down may be loose or have loosened in the shop
  • vacuum modulator hose damaged or some other large vacuum leak
posting some basic specs, what you know or can prove by testing, and what you've done would help..

good luck!
Thanks for the ideas. So it has the Chevy 350 engine (stock). The carb is the Rochester Quadrajet. I'm unsure of the ignition, but I would imagine it would be stock as most of the truck is.

I have done very little to the truck. I've done things like change the fuel filter, Air filter, Make sure everything is tight and connected. But as I stated before I'm just learning about this stuff.

I checked the distributor cap and it seems to be in good condition and all wires were connected. I didn't check to see if there were any in the wrong spot, but would it even drive at all if they were in the wrong order?

So here's the thing about the vacuum line. When I was replacing the fuel filter it was obviously in the way so I disconnected it and as I tugged on it it just fell off. It took pretty much no effort at all. When I went to go put it back on it barely would stay on. So the line only had about an eighth of an inch of area to go into the hole on the carb before it hit the rubber on the vacuum line. I'm not sure if that makes any sense, but I can post a photo for clarification.

If you have anymore questions I will happily answer them so I can have it running smoothly.
Thatguywithaneye is offline   Reply With Quote