View Single Post
Old 04-29-2020, 05:14 PM   #2
GMCPaul

Re: 67 GMC headlight issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIGHWAY BY THE SEA View Post
I posted this in the Electrical section yesterday, but did not get a single response. So I deleted that one and posted here.
Yesterday I removed my brand new headlight switch (with great difficulty getting the pull switch loose), unplugged it, and moved the purple parking light wire into the blank spot on the female plug. This was supposed to fix it so that the headlights and the parking lights are on simultaneously. Well, the parking lights are on, but NO HEADLIGHTS now!! My dash lights and dome lights also work. I must have damaged the switch removing the pull part out. Any thoughts?

There were 2 different headlight switches used on 1967-72 trucks. 1967-68 8-Terminal headlight switch or 1969-72 7-terminal headlight switch.
Note- 1967-68 the front park lights go off when headlights turn on using original style switch, if you want the front park lights to stay on with headlights choose the 7 terminal headlight switch as they are interchangeable.

So by swapping headlight switches from 67-68 version to 69-72 version you can achieve what you are wanting to do, it can also be achieved by moving a wire harness but I believe you may have moved wrong wire to wrong location. I'll ask dad if he has time to review the wiring diagrams of both to see what may be done to wiring to get the results your looking for and I'll post up if he finds the time to compare them.
Paul Jr @ GMCPauls
GMCPaul is offline   Reply With Quote