View Single Post
Old 03-15-2014, 04:34 AM   #42
84chevyguyid

Re: 86 chevy crew cab 12 valve swap

As I was tearing the wiring out of and off of the firewall the other day, in preparation of painting/undercoating the firewall and underneath of the cab, been thinking back of problems I have had with old wiring/fuse blocks in my other vehicles. Looking at getting a painless wiring harness and starting from scratch on all the wiring. I want to do new harnesses for the doors and the headlight circuits with relays so they will work better and also thinking of using a vintage air system over the stocker so I have more room in the engine compartment, and that would have its own harness too. Plus I dont need some the wiring under the hood with the cummins swap. An easy way to spend another 2 grand, but worth it? If I keep the stock harness I would be trimming wires here and there and probably be fighting 28 year old bad connections. I can get a painless wiring harness that fits in the stock fuse block hole, which is nice, so I wouldn't have to patch the hole, and end up with everything new/reliable. Thoughts??
84chevyguyid is offline   Reply With Quote