View Single Post
Old 06-07-2021, 10:05 PM   #1
MidLifer

71 C10 with LQ4/4L80e

Update - SOLD

Ready to sell my baby. Like all these trucks, this one has a story. No apologies here, just explanation.

I bought it 10 years ago from an estate agent in Arizona, so I never met the PO (RIP) to hear the story. He had swapped the original driveline with an 8-bolt 3/4 ton setup. The rear is a 4.10 GM 14-bolt out of an early squarebody with leaf springs (truck was originally coil).

Along the way I have done the following to the truck:
- Gen III LQ4/4L80e (engine had 60k miles on it, came from a wrecked van)
- Boyd's Welding fuel tank in the rear with in-tank pump, filler through the bed (not in the center, I built a box and put it behind the left wheel well) - braided AN fuel and return lines and WIX Corvette filter/regulator.
- Vintage Air Gen IV system
- Squarebody era power steering box (3.5 turn)
- New loaded A-arms and front springs
- Factory posi added to rear (came out of 2010 truck)
- Reupholstered original seat and new foam
- Hydroboost brakes
- Sound deadening in cab
- Aftermarket tach
- Dakota Digital speedo signal converter
- Firestone Transforce tires all around with no dry cracking and plenty of tread left
- Class IV trailer hitch with electric brake sender

I did the LS swap about 5 years ago. Engine is stock,factory harness and ECU (mounted on rear of firewall), rest of harness is original. A local tuner did a tune on the ECU. Trans has a Jasper sticker on it, so at some point it was rebuilt or swapped out. I do not have the history on the engine, it came from Copart.

The body isn't perfect but is overall solid. There are multiple sets of mirror holes in the door, a dent in the left bed side (truck slipped off a lift) and the driver's cab corner is rusted through. Passenger cab corner shows minor bubbling. Rocker panels were replaced by PO, cab floor is solid and POR-15ed. Paint job is a respray done by the PO, and there are areas of touch-up paint that he applied which are discolored.

I have a straight replacement driver's bed side that I haven't gotten around to installing yet, which will come with the truck.

Truck has a tool box in the bed. There is rust through the bedside under the door and a slight crease in the door. There is a appx. 12" diameter dent in the bed floor where it looks like someone dropped something heavy into the bed. Depressed about 2 inches in the center.

Frame is straight and solid, no rot at all. Dash is 99% uncut - PO had a different GM radio in the dash and widened the volume and tuner holes to make it fit, but the washers for the current radio cover the holes.

Truck is quick with the LQ4 - 0-60 in 6.9 and cruises at 70 in the mid-2s on the tach. Starts on the first turn of the key in any weather, runs great on regular unleaded.

Many more photos at https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0YGY8gBYGvQGyB

Asking $8,000.
Attached Images

Last edited by MidLifer; 07-26-2022 at 03:26 PM. Reason: Deposit taken
MidLifer is offline   Reply With Quote