View Single Post
Old 05-18-2022, 02:12 PM   #11
67C10Step

Re: Restoration insanity

This thread just reminded me of making a guy mad at me a few years ago. It was a coworker I really didn't know well but he was taking another job and was moving. He had a project motorcycle he wanted to sell and I was known as being a bike guy so someone sent him to me. Here is how our conversation went:

Him: Hey, I am moving and have a bike I'd like to sell.
Me: Cool, what you got?
Him: A 1974 Harley Sportster. I took it all apart to the bare frame a few years ago for a restoration and I never got around to it. Not sure what it's worth though but all the parts are there.
Me: Well, I can tell you I would come pick it up and get it out of your way but I wouldn't pay you much at all over a few hundred bucks.
Him (irritated): Why's that?
Me: Well, to tell you the truth, I am not the end of the rainbow guy but the guy that gets it there. I know what it is going to take and no bike apart that long still has all the parts there in my experience. Not to mention that is not the top year or model Harley. So, it's just not worth that much to me. Perhaps you should spend a weekend putting it back together as a non-runner and put an ad to sell it. You'd get more.
Him: Walked off fuming
2020 Toyota CH-R
2020 Acura MDX
67C10Step is online now   Reply With Quote