Thread: Restoring Rusty
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2016, 11:07 AM   #4366
MikeB

Re: Restoring Rusty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregski View Post
a little rant about Pick N Pull pricing scheme, so say you want a steering box like I did, ok so you do a little research and you look up the price and it's NOTHING, cheap, ok, then you go there and you pull the part and you go to pay for it, and this is how it goes

oh, is this from a car or a truck, oh a truck ok well its that much more

oh it still has a pitman arm on it so that's more for that

oh do you have a core to trade it, no, ok so its $10 bucks more for a core charge

ok, than there's some BS disposal fee

Core charge at a junk yard? That's a new one.
Disposal fee for what? The core you should have given them?

Greg, this is Sanity calling. Convert to manual steering? Do you have a 24" diameter steering wheel? Or Arnold's biceps?

I went the opposite direction on my old 69 C10. Converting to PS was more bang-for-the-buck than any mod I did on that truck, just ahead of dual exhausts. And I did it all with junkyard parts. Only downside was my then 17 year old daughter decided she liked to drive it.
1981 C10 Silverado LWB -- sold, but wish I still had it!
1969 C10 (not the current one) that I bought in the early 1980s. Paid $1200; sold for $1500 a few years later. Just a hint at the appreciation that was coming.
Retired as a factory automation products salesman.
Worked part-time over the years for an engine builder and a classic car repair shop.
Member here for 23 years! This is the very first car/truck Internet forum I joined. I still used a dial-up modem back then!
MikeB is offline   Reply With Quote