Thread: Restoring Rusty
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2016, 09:47 PM   #4370
MikeB

Re: Restoring Rusty

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty76 View Post
Manual steering. I'm in big time. I've been considering it too for my old rag. I've got my reasons. Lol. It's funny to me but my truck has manual brakes. Everybody wants power brakes. Honestly I never cared for power brakes. My old 74 had power brakes and I never really cared for it. I'm a bird of a different feather.
Well, I do agree with you on manual brakes. Those in my base C10 work surprisingly well, and they are only 2" wide rear shoes and 1" front rotors.

I will admit that the rear has new riveted shoes, finned drums, and wheel cylinders. Even springs and most of the hardware is new. All I did to the front was replace the nearly worn-out pads with some mid-level pads from O'Reilly Auto. Someday I'll probably get loaded calipers with Wagner Thermo Quiet pads and have the rotors turned.
1981 C10 Silverado LWB -- sold, but wish I still had it!
1969 C10 (not the current one) that I bought in the early 1980s. Paid $1200; sold for $1500 a few years later. Just a hint at the appreciation that was coming.
Retired as a factory automation products salesman.
Worked part-time over the years for an engine builder and a classic car repair shop.
Member here for 23 years! This is the very first car/truck Internet forum I joined. I still used a dial-up modem back then!
MikeB is offline   Reply With Quote