View Single Post
Old 08-19-2022, 04:46 PM   #3554
dieseldawg142

Re: Random Photos ‘You took’

sometimes the simplest things can screw ya up...
my crewcab developed a bad lope at idle. running a pro flo 1 (ya, i know, old skool and just old) so started doing everything possible to correct it. bought a new air plenum, didn't do jack...bought a new fuel pump, also didn't do jack, new plugs and wires, still nada.
figured it was a vacumm leak somewhere so started spraying starter fluid all over the throttle body. soon as i hit the base of the throttle body it would smooth out, installed new gaskets, still no change. got a little more precise with the starter fluid, soon as i hit the secondary throttle shaft, it ran good. double and triple checked- ok, must be the throttle shaft.
ordered a reamer kit and re-bushed the shaft, now it should work....nope...
Name:  IMG_0126.jpg
Views: 287
Size:  45.3 KB

after letting the truck sit for a month, decided to bite the bullet and order a whole new fuel injection system (major $ north of the border)
well today i went to go over it one last time before dropping a few grand on a new system, pulled the throttle body off and ran my hands all over my vac lines. i had already done this last month with no luck, but just had to double check. sure enough, the map sensor hose was boogered. didn't notice it the first time cause it runs under the intake, and the port is about an 1/8" from the sec. throttle shaft. here's what i found
Name:  IMG_0127 (2).jpg
Views: 280
Size:  17.6 KB

so instead of dropping big dollars on a new fuel injection, it cost me $0.00 cents for a new piece of hose and the crew runs like a charm again.....
dieseldawg142 is offline   Reply With Quote