Thread: project 39
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2018, 03:00 PM   #17
CSHADES

Re: project 39

So now that the workstation and the trunk are finished I decided it was time to get back to this project. I worked on mounting the gas tank last weekend(will post pics soon). I had installed the running boards, brackets and fenders for a trail run a while back. Something did not look right when I stood back, the running boards didn't fit the way they should at the rear of the cab and the front wheels didn't look to be in the same place as the 40's are. I had pulled the rear fenders and box off when I did the gas tank, so I put the box back on so I had my hoist usable again. I raised the truck up and measured the board brackets to make sure I had picked correct ones out of the pile when I put them on. Everything looked good that way. I decided to start at the beginning like I should have, so using the cab as the starting point I put the grille shell on and grabbed a couple of v-bars out of the pile. I went to put the hood on and it doesn't line up. I realized the bar was to long so I went back to the pile and found the correct length one installed it. The grille shell was tipped back to far at this point and I am saying to myself WTF. So I grab a tape measure and start measuring front end parts on the 39 and comparing them to the 40. Then it hit me the frame I used was a 41 but it looked the same. Did a bit of research and the wheel base is 1 1/2" longer on a 41 than a 39-40, so where did they add the 1 1/2"?
CSHADES is offline   Reply With Quote