Thread: "Jimma" Build
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2008, 05:07 PM   #18
jaros44sr

Re: "Jimma" Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big J View Post
Just a couple of questions about these trucks.....

If you have a stock blazer/jimmy with no cage or added supports, can you run with the doors off?
I'd say yes if your rocker boxes were solid along with everything else. You'd get wet if it rains though...
Can you replace the bed with the floors still on the frame?
If your refering to the front floor board where the seats sit, yes. You'll have to cut the rockers off to get to some fun places. I figure you'd need a mig, spot weld bits, drill, grinder, help, air hammer, pry bars, bfh, etc. Pain in the butt is what it is....

And can you take the fire wall off with the floor still on the frame
I believe jaros44 or vtblazer has pics of this. Pain in the butt also....
Yes, buuuutttt.....IIRC the lip of the torsion box wraps around from underneath on the pass. side, making it difficult to separate at the factory seam. Plus there are support rails that will have to be separated(spot welds) could be impossible to get at with the motor in... Whats wrong with you're firewall?

Post up lots of pics, makes it easier to see what you're up to, and we all luv pics
This is possible to a Blazer/Jimmy also, the only tool I used was an angle grinder with 4 1/2" cut off wheel. I don't think you should be doing it in you're parking lot

All parts offered to help are free, unless otherwise noted

Dont try this stuff in my build thread, unless you have 55 years of mechanical OTJ training
SAFETY FIRST

AS usual, off topic

They say your mind goes second, can't remember the first

Jim

Last edited by jaros44sr; 06-06-2008 at 05:19 PM.
jaros44sr is offline   Reply With Quote