View Single Post
Old 09-11-2022, 11:53 PM   #110
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: HG's Dream Car Build - Shelby Cobra Kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul View Post
You are a braver man than I am to take on that roof. I'm getting dizzy just looking at it.
The Cobra is coming along nicely.
The sides of the roof were done using ladders or scaffolding. The pitch of the top section isn't very steep. I'm putting the steel over the shingles so I have traction. The last pieces on top are the hazardous ones because I have to be on the steel while screwing it down. I did a little walking on it just to see and it was alright but while putting the screws in I'll probably be kneeling. The last time I did it I had knee pads and used the screw heads to keep from sliding. The more I'm up there the easier it gets. I've got a day or two of work left to finish it.

The only thing done on the cobra was cleaning the gas tank and painting it. Looks like new! And I pulled out the parts they provided for the coyote install. Looks like they gave me what I need for the fuel system except the pump and regulator. After I bought my kit they changed that option and give you those also. $600 for that kit option now which is very high for what you get. I think I have a good pump here and the Corvette regulator filter is not very expensive. I'll be re-reading the manual on the fuel section and hopefully get that wrapped up next.

I have the optional Ron Francis wire harness (rather than using the mustang harnesses, yuck) but no instructions for that in the manual. Maybe it's in the harness package.
Attached Images

hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote