View Single Post
Old 08-02-2023, 10:28 AM   #1131
regan wilson

Re: Ok Boys and Girls it's Storytime

Well as usual Topeka was a struggle for me. We dead headed up there last Tuesday and got parked. I unloaded the truck and had neutral safety switch issues. I thought I fixed it but had problems with it in the lanes again. I got that cured but then the truck would crank but not start. Ken held a jumper wire from the battery hot to the ignition power source on the MSD box and it started. That meant my key switched ignition power source was dead. We thought we were going to just change the ignition switch out and were waiting for one to get to a local OReillys. The thing is we couldn't and I still haven't gotten the lock cylinder out. I thought about it and told Ken it would work with a jumper wire so he built one and I got make two test hits finally on Wednesday around 5 o'clock. I had a couple of good lights that day but I was just off as in slow during the official time trials and eliminations. I lost second round of the first race gaining me ten points on my Division total. I made the decision to race the second race but not claim the points. I filled out a form to make it official the night before we started the second one. I lost second round giving up the stripe by .001. Then proceeded to load up as fast as I could and hit the road. Dropping the second race for me means I still get to claim both races in Tulsa September 21st. I'll regroup and maybe test before Tulsa. Then it will be time for the Fall Nationals and the Jegs Allstars at the Tx Motorplex in October.