View Single Post
Old 10-04-2021, 04:05 AM   #752
mr48chev

Re: Post your C/L finds for everyone to enjoy!

Sounds like the add was written by a flipper or a relative of the guy who owned it.

Still if it is original chassis wise a quick wheel and tire change back to stock wheels (which are probably somewhere on that property) would let a guy paint it back stock and do a few things to have a nice pretty original truck.

Everyone who has been here for while knows that I think that the "patina" craze is one of the biggest jokes laid on car folk outside of laying frame but I'd rather look at that truck with faded and a tad tired original paint with no rust showing than a primer job that may have been slapped on it years back to hide something. That is what you did if you went to sell an old car or truck back in the 70's and 80's that had dead paint or what is now called patina. you sanded it down and laid a few nice coats of primer on it and threw a for sale tag on it with the fresh primer. You would see a half dozen like that for sale at big swap meets.

Still the real value is in what you don't have to do and don't have to go out and buy to make it nice. If it is as good as it looks that might save either a few hundred hours of body work or a few thousand dollars at the body shop and at the body parts peddlers. Sometimes our bargain trucks cost us more in the long run than putting out a bit extra to start.

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.

Last edited by mr48chev; 10-04-2021 at 04:14 AM.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote