Thread: Gas Prices?
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2023, 08:35 AM   #1292
special-K
Special Order

Re: Gas Prices?

Steering this away from politics, I just wanted to post the question, does anyone know the actual reason why the price is fluctuating so "frequently"? I know about the affect crude prices and production have. I searched "Why are gas prices fluctuating so frequently" and found no answer. Only why prices fluctuate, which we already know. I didn't look through a lot of pages, but this should be the number one question being asked. I mean I have been buying gas for over 50 years, been through all the changes everyone else has, and this day to day fluctuation is something I have never seen before. I can't be the only once curious about this. All the search results give answers I already know about why prices change, but none answered my actual search asking why so "frequently", as never seen before. I'm seeing prices change every couple/few days. I bought gas Monday at $3.35. The next day it was $3.15-$3.19. Now it is up to $3.25. Three prices in a work week, M-F. That's really odd, and there's no answer? No one else asking?? I have found graphs showing the rises and falls showing lines for crude and retail gas, but only up to 2021 before this rapid characteristic came about. Very strange.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~