View Single Post
Old 10-03-2022, 01:01 PM   #17
HO455
Post Whore

Re: Wood floor replacment bolts and metal strips.

When I replaced the wood in mine I got the impression the holes across the back were randomly placed. Your's certainly supports that theory.

From your picture it looks like the outside strip on yours runs farther back than mine does and it looks like there is a carriage bolt near the end. Mine is a 67 Fremont truck. Frankly I would be surprised if all Suburbans were the same across all years and plants.

When I had the strips folded I didn't make them with any extra length. (I know, what was I thinking?) That leaves a us some options.

One is I go have longer strip cut and bent (Which I'm sure will increase the cost. UGH! It's been several years since I had them made.)

Or I could put the first hole where mine is and you would have to drill a hole in the lip underneath to match and then I would match the rest of your holes.

Or I could try and match the first hole with the minimum amount under the side strip on drivers side and hopefully there would be enough on the passenger side to get a bolt through.

Let me know.
Attached Images

If it breaks I didn't want it in the first place
The WMB repair thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=698377

Last edited by HO455; 10-03-2022 at 01:08 PM.
HO455 is offline   Reply With Quote