View Single Post
Old 01-17-2021, 04:02 PM   #85
Justin71105

Re: 1964 C10 fleet side swb

Well the new brake rod lasted a few pumps after bleeding and that 5/16 rod bent at the round section that goes over the stud in arm. So I went back and cut the 5/16 rod off and went with 3/8 rod with a spacer between the adjustable coupler and the round section.

Pumped on these very hard with lines closed and no bending or movement at all.

I pressed out the stud for the loop on the booster rod and pressed it in my stock pedal. So using it with a spacer instead of brake switch on those models and a dorman clip to hold it all on.

I got a template of 16 ga steel plate made for the gas pedal to mount on outside of firewall. Plan is once I get pedal exactly where I want it to weld nuts on this and weld the plate to the firewall so it cant move if I need to take pedal out.

Save that for another day, its cold and after 2.5 days of jacking with this brake pedal I am beat.

Drive shaft is finished and I will pick it up Wed and try to get gas pedal mounted.

Get shims installed in rear and measure rear end angle and raise transmission to match, and then I will install drive shaft and measure that angle to get my operating angles and see if I will need to get a high humps trans cover....hoping I will not need to do this.
Attached Images