View Single Post
Old 05-21-2022, 07:34 PM   #5
69swb

Re: Frustrated overheating, timing issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeveedee View Post
I sort of got into a loop like that. I ended up replacing the thermostat with a high-flow model after I noticed low flow in the radiator. Overheating at idle is poor air flow, overheating on the road is poor coolant flow. Mine was overheating in both regimes! I switched to a severe duty fan clutch and made my own fan shroud because the fan is too close to the radiator and wasn't coupling with the shroud. After all that is when I noticed the poor flow when hot with the cap off.
I might be having both problems, too. Cold case claims their 12” fans provide better cooling, but once I get this guage figured out I’m going to swap the fan clutch and shroud back in to compare. Maybe I hurt myself with their smaller option electric fans.

My fans kick on at 190, thermostat is just a 180 thermostat from autozone. Would a lower temp thermostat help me?

My brother advised that I get one of those funnel things to really make sure the rad is burped correctly, and troubleshoot the waterpump. He agrees that it sounds more like a heat than a tuning issue.
69swb is offline   Reply With Quote