View Single Post
Old 05-19-2011, 10:08 PM   #33
85burb

Re: LS with Fast Ez-efi?

I fully understand that factory gm would have been the best fuel mpgs. I have done countless hours of resurch on the hole subject. For the factory style ls1 maniflod and all the crap to go with it was 1100-1200 bucks. That is severl hundred less then what i spent. I did not want a truck manifold they are way too bulkey for what i wanted. I just would never be happy with the LS1 style maniflod and would have gone out later and got a aftermarket intake and those are over a grand most of the time. I did not want to buy a tuning program or pay for a tune and dyno run everytime i change something like heads or cam. And on the self learning on this system it is amazing how well it is doing. Only dove it 6 days and it is neer seamless. I understand efi more then carbs due to my schooling and age. I am not saying everyone has to like efi or carbs. This is what i wanted to buy and it makes me happy. One day i will have a 2wd chevy truck and put a factory efi swap in it. This will not always be my dd. It will always be a massive toy. I am sure i could have spent more money on a better carb and tuneing and got better mpg but i do not have the skills for that. This i like a carb that i can tell it what to do and it does it. It was not desined to make mpgs go up as much as the drivability and tons less time tuning. It will increase my milage cause the carb i had was no ware neer right. I got it to where i could drive it ok. I have this conversation in every thread i have ever started from the time i was thinking about a LQ4 and i understand that lots of people will never get why i did not just use the factory efi but that is fine.
91 chevy c10 suburban Lsa 5.3/4l60
2017 Silverado whipple 5.3
1964 Vw beetle
1974 vw beetle
85burb is offline   Reply With Quote