View Single Post
Old 03-14-2017, 07:12 PM   #7
87chevy.com
BMW & ASE Master Certified

Re: Gen V Engine swap info

Quote:
Originally Posted by vannatta20 View Post

6. Fuel pump signal- This is now can bus driven. For now I can only think to use an ignition on for the fuel pump control. The Fuel pump control module is not needed.
From the GMPP install on the GEN V

This control system is intended for use with a returnless fuel system and fuel pump that is capable of being pulse width
modulated (PWM) at 25 kHz to control fuel pressure. A fuel flow rate of 45 gph at 72 psi (500 kPa) is needed. Because this is a
dead headed system, a pressure relief set at 84 psi (580 kPa) must be included in the fuel line between the tank pump and the
engine mounted high pressure pump.
Part number 22966044 is one example of a compatible pump and it includes an integral pressure relief system.
A pump with excessive capacity may result in cavitation at low flow due to the pump repeatedly stopping and starting instead of
controlling to a speed/pressure. Alternatively, a fuel system operating at a fixed 72 psi (500 kPa) could be used and a fuel pump
relay may be triggered by the Green/Gray wire in cavity 2 of the Fuel Pump Power Module

so looks like you still need the fuel pump control module. If you use only a ignition power to relay and control the fuel pump, then the fuel pressure sensor will be useless as that sensor is how the ECU controls fuel PSI.
will it work.. sure, will you get drivability problems.. likely

Just updating my post, since I cannot edit it.

New project: 2006 BMW x5 6cyl AWD to L83 6l80e 4wd to 2WD / RWD

A poor man buy's it twice

finally got my domain name back, 87chevy.com.... site rework in progress
87chevy.com is offline   Reply With Quote