View Single Post
Old 05-01-2021, 12:21 PM   #10
Rich72C10
Mr. Cheyenne

Re: Desktop vs mobile

Hi Josh - thank you for the time to post that information!

Yes, I feel your pain for sure. I remember when I migrated from phpBB (heavily Mod'ed) to VB 3.x when it was still the main game in town. Even minor upgrades are time consuming and my old gaming forum wasn't 10% the size of this one, though it was heavily Mod'ed too. Which in the end my awards mod is what bit me in the arse by being compromised to the point I gave up recovering it. Luckily by that time the forum was more or less dead for years and I was tired of paying for the month fee for the server. Oh, the good old days!

Anyways, in the end you'll have at least one forum member that will understand when you tackle this. Heck, getting it updated is only 1/2 the battle.... post update you'll be dealing with all kinds of issues and members whining about either things that are simply gone or broken with no ETA of getting fixed.

As a suggestion, as you get this marked on the calendar to be done you guys might want to post a big announcement for a fundraiser. I know I would be willing to give more, outside of my membership I am paying for now. You are looking at hard hours / days and like you say, you'll be doing it on your vacation - which should be spent vacationing with your family. I suppose I could see others thinking this might be a money grab but assure those members this should be seen as "Thank God / Bonus Pay" for this kind of major work. It's like doing a frame off restoration on a truck that's been sitting in 10 ft of salt water for the last 20 years. I might be exaggerating a bit with that analogy but not by much LOL

'72 Chevy C10 Cheyenne *Super WHT/MED BRONZE/WHT
SBC 350 | TH350 | LWB | AC | Buddy Seats
Upgrades: Tilt | Front Sway Bar | Radio | Sliding Window | Bed Spare w/Lock
Bed Rails | Full LEDs | Courtesy Lights | Tachometer | Glovebox Lock & Light | Head Light Relays | *Upgraded Fully Super Trim
Rich72C10 is offline   Reply With Quote