View Single Post
Old 01-27-2018, 09:44 PM   #8
sweetk30

Re: just scored this 87 c10 long bed

oh i know how to redo the steering guy . thanks tho for the links . this one has WAY to much slop and from past rebuilds i am thinking its got striped threads or broken parts .

but HUGE update today .

got the trans pan off / cleaned up the little amount of buildup ( possible good sign ) in the pan . re-sealed it and filled it up with no leaks .

found the carrier bearing rubber falling apart . got to thinking i have a 1 peice shaft from a parted out older long bed 2wd . so i swapped it in place and removed the carrier bearing bracket rivets .

got the broken o2 sensor swapped out . had to heat the sucker up with the BIG wrench glowing orange . then used my old s-k spark plug thread chaser to clean the threads up good .

fixed the rear section of brake line from the factory mid joint to the hose and reused all the line clamps . had to hold the pin on the prop valve cause it actually worked still . got great pedal now .

when up in the air the rear felt funny like maybe a new or malfunctioning g80 gov-loc unit . . . . . seemed to grab way to easy and unlock to easy . so when i pulled the rear fill plug i looked in at good oil and full level and also found out why it felt funny . . . . . lock-right or power-trax locker is inside this 10 bolt rear

have to figure out the HUGE lumpy cam idle it has . possible bad plugs or cap-rotor junk . has new plug wires and told new plugs . could be bad tbi base gasket ? could be timing off . they said they tried to set it . but i dont think they know the single brown wire thing for setting it .

she dosnt run like a stock motor . the engine has over heat plugs on it from the reman company so i know its not original .

need a 20" ish long section of 2.50" exhaust pipe to fill the void were the restrictive device was that was plugged up bad .

so in short this is looking like a real smoking deal of a truck so far .
85-c10sb summer fun toy .
-----------------------------
HOLLEY SNIPER efi = worst case of p.i.t.a i ever had .

EDELBROCK pro flo 4 = best deal going so far . love my setup works great.
sweetk30 is offline   Reply With Quote