View Single Post
Old 02-25-2021, 02:25 PM   #79
Second Series

Re: 1947 Panel Truck Frame swap with ’88 k2500

Progess is slow, but continues. I got the drivers side rear shock relocated, and the axle bumps moved back too. I’ll use a piece of the old bed cross sill for the spare tire hanger. I’ve been looking at the Brake and Clutch master cylinders. The rod that connects to the pedals is not right for this application. The stock ’88 units have a long rod with eye on the end. The aftermarket pedal assemblies don’t have enough room for the length of those rods. I wanted to keep as much stock as possible, and keep the 10 ½” Brake booster. I see many use the cpp masters, I may go that route for the clutch. I need units with a short threaded connecting rod. I did find that the Nissan Quest uses a 10 ½” booster with short threaded rod, but haven’t looked if it would play nice with the GM master cylinder. I’m also looking at the drivers side door jamb. The door contacts to opening at the top front first. I’ll need to bend a hinge, bend the door out, or bend the door jamb in. I have some dimentions from the assembly manual and am devising a way to measure if the door jamb is out of spec. I have also been working on the speedometer drive. I will be using the original speedometer with this modern drivetrain, so I have connected a motor to the speedometer. I finally hooked it up to a ’90 chevy truck and tested it out, here's a link to a video I made:
https://youtu.be/K6YOm1WTpqg
1955.2 Chevy 6700 Bus/RV
1990 Chevy K1500
Second Series is offline   Reply With Quote